Head of the clinic: Ass. Prof. Lejla Osmančević, M.D.
Head nurse: Aida Zubčević, graduated nurse
Quality improvement and education: Indira Đapo, graduated nurse
Secretary:035 303 702
Telephone: 00 387 35 30 37 02; 00 387 35 30 37 32
Fax: 00 387 35; 30 37 30
The clinic provides secondary and tertiary health care services such as diagnostics, surgery and other specialized clinical expertise for patients from 0 to 15 years of age. Daily workflow process takes place in the outpatient polyclinic consisting of specialist and counseling offices, and clinical departments. The employees of the Clinic for Children’s Diseases devote much attention to the prevention of pediatric diseases, the promotion of breastfeeding, healthy eating and healthy lifestyle habits. The Clinic offers a wide range of support services including diabetes counseling center, an asthma school, and initial guidance on use of monoclonal antibodies. As a preventive health strategy the clinic has a laboratory for newborn screening and early detection of congenital metabolic diseases. Ensuring the quality and sustainability of the health workforce is essential to the achievement of the Clinic for Children’s Diseases.
Continuing professional development involves educational activities to enhance medical competence in medical knowledge and skills. The clinic is a teaching- scientific base for Medical faculty and nursing school, and strongly supports trainees of all health profession profiles and residents in pursuing further clinical experience and knowledge.
PEDIATRIC OUTPATIENT CLINIC
Outpatient clinic for pediatric surgery
Outpatient clinic for endocrinology and metabolic diseases
Outpatient clinic for gastroentrology
Outpatient clinic for hematology
Outpatient clinic for cardiology
Outpatient clinic for medical genetics
Outpatient clinic for nephrology
Outpatient clinic for neonatology
Outpatient clinic for neurology
Outpatient clinic for oncology
Outpatient clinic for pulmonology
Outpatient clinic for rheumatology, immunology and allergology
Outpatient clinic for early growth and development
Outpatient clinic for nephrology 035 303 706; 2 p.m.- 2: 30 p.m.
Outpatient clinic for neonatology and ultrasound of the brain 35 303-706; 2: 30 p.m.- 3 p.m.
Ultrasound of the abdomen 035 303 706; 2:30 p.m.- 3 p.m.
Outpatient clinic for allergies 035 303 706; 2: 30 p.m.- 3 p.m.
Allergens 035 303 706; 2 p.m.- 2: 30 p.m.
Outpatient clinic for pulmonology 035 303708; 1 p.m.- 1:30p.m.
Outpatient clinic for cardiology 035 303 708; 3p.m.-3:30p.m.
Outpatient clinic for endocrinology 035 303 727; 2 p.m.- 2: 30 p.m.
Outpatient clinic for neurology 035 303 709; 2 p.m.- 2: 30 p.m.
Outpatient clinic for hematology and oncology 035 303 727; 2:30p.m.- 3p.m.
Outpatient clinic for gastroentrology 035 303 709; 2:30p.m.- 3 p.m.
Outpatient surgery 035 303 732; 12 noon- 1p.m.
Outpatient clinic for genetics 035 303 727; 2:30p.m.- 3p.m.
- Counseling for breastfeeding
- Counseling for diabetes
- Counseling for diet
- Counseling for asthma
- Cabinet for ultrasound (abdomen, urotract, heart, thyroid gland, brain)
- Cabinet for EEG
- Cabinet for endoscopy
- Cabinet for respiratory conditions
- Department for intensive therapy and care
- Department for semi- intensive care
- Department for pediatric surgery
- Department for endocrinology, metabolic disases and genetics
- Department for gastroenterology and the milk kitchen
- Department for hematology and oncology
- Department for neonatology
- Department for neurology
- Department for nephrology
- Department for reumatology, allergology and immunology
- Department for pulmonology and cardiology
THE CLINIC STAFF
Number of employees- 131
Doctor subspecialists- 11
Doctors specialists- 23
Medical doctors- 3
Graduated nurses/ technicians- 20
Nurses/ technicians with nursing school- 68
Defectologist – 2
Non- medical workers- 2
HEALTH CARE SERVICES
Outpatient pediatric clinic
Chief of the department:
Nurse in charge: Aida Zubčević, graduated nurse
An outpatient clinic offers health care services to patients whose condition allows a short- stay in the hospital following a procedure. Work principles are as fastest diagnosis and treatment of pediatric patients as possible. In the case of unclear or insufficiently defined condition with scarce clinical symptomatology the child’s condition is being monitored, hematology tests analyzed, and the effect of therapy observed and corrected if necessary. In the case of worsening clinical conditions or laboratory tests, the patient may be referred for inpatient admission.
In an outpatient clinic hemato- oncology patients, immunodeficient patients and patients with blood disorders receive therapy on a daily basis.
Department for intensive therapy and care
Chief of the department: Ass. Prof Devleta Hadžić, M.D., specialist pediatrician
Nurse in charge: Meliha Čurčić, MSc., graduated nurse
The department for intensive care and therapy offers advanced medical services of a tertiary level as the diagnosis and management of premature babies with low birth weight and for critically ill older children. Health professionals of the department deal with the rational diagnosis and therapy of the most serious pediatric diseases, primarily with life- threatening conditions.
The department offers:
continuous monitoring and car of patients
umbilical vein catheterization
endotracheal administration of surfactant
central venous access with hemodynamic monitoring
continuing monitoring with ultrasound diagnostics
all types of feeding (enteral, parenteral)
pediatrician from ICU in the delivery room
preoperative preparation of the patient
postoperative care of the patient
Department for neonatology
Chief of the department: Primarius Dr. Gordana Radoja, subspecialist in neonatology
Nurse in charge: Amela Čikarić, MSc., management in health care
The department for neonatology offers an advanced level of health care services for newborns in a hospital setting. Principles of a timely diagnosis, interventions and teamwork at our department contributed to the patterns of significant decline in neonatal mortality and perinatal harm. Prevention of hemorrhagic disease, hearing screening, metabolic screening of the abdomen and central venous system, physical screening for developmental dysplasia of the hip and genetic testing are carried out for every newborn. Neonatal diseases prevention includes administration of monoclonal antibody treatments for preterm infants of low gestational age against RSV infections, the administration of BCG and Hepatitis B vaccines for infants who have not been vaccinated. Our pediatric cardiologists work on early detection of congenital heart defects and organize transport of a little patient to hospitals for heart surgery. The department closely cooperates with the Clinic for Gyn/ Obs department for newborns and the NICU. We also work on improving of maternal and child health through education.
Department for neurology
Chief of the department: Primarius Dr. Nevzeta Mustafić, Msc., specialist in neuropediatrics
Nurse in charge: Ajša Feukić, graduated nurse
In the department for neurology we diagnose and treat acute or chronic diseases of the central or peripheral nervous system that appear in childhood and adolescence. We perform awake, sleep, serial and a sleep- deprived electroencephalography in pediatric epilepsy, and a new antiepileptic drugs for refractory epilepsy.
Department for gastroentrology and the milk kitchen
Chief of the department: Primarius Dr. Selma Terzić, subspecialist in gastronterohepatology
Nurse in charge: Mirela Duraković, graduated nurse
The department for gastroentrology with the milk kitchen offers diagnostic and health care services to the patients with diseases of digestive tract; perioperative management of live and cadaver donor liver transplant and care of patient during the posttransplant recovery. Our diagnostics includes gastroesophagoduodenoscopy, choleleoscopy, rectoscopy, liver biopsy and 24-hour ph-metry.
The milk kitchen prepares and distributes dairy, diet and prescribed meals for hospitalized patients.
Department for reumatology, allergology and immunology
Chief of the department: Ass. Prof. Amela Ćosičkić,M.D., specialist pediatrician
Nurse in charge: Slavica Ivanov, graduated nurse
Reumatology: Diagnosis and treatment of the locomotor system and other autoimmune rheumatic diseases. We use the latest treatment strategies for autoimmune diseases and therapeutic application of monoclonal antibodies.
Immunology: Diagnosis and treatment of the immune system disorders, primary and secondary immunodeficiencies.
Allergology: Diagnosis and treatment of allergic conditions in children.
Department for pulmology and cardiology
Chief of the department: Prof. Dr. Hidajeta Begić, subspecialist in pediatric cardiology
Nurse in charge: Spahić Muharema, graduated nurse
The department deals with non invasive diagnostic and therapeutic health care services for children with diseases of the respiratory tract and heart; preoperative care and postoperative follow- up of patients with congenital heart defects; individual and group asthma education program for children and parents.
Department for hematology and oncology
Chief of the department: Primarius Dr. Amila Latifagić, MSc., subspecialist in pediatric and oncology
Nurse in charge: Senka Dervišević, graduated nurse
The department provides following health care services:
- planning and implementation of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for hematological malignant and non-malignant diseases, as well as for oncological diseases for patients up to the age of 15
- monitoring of patients following radiotherapy treatment
- preoperative management of patients for bone marrow transplant and posttransplant monitoring
- application of immunotherapy with or without chemotherapy
diagnostic procedures: bone marrow biopsy, bone marrow aspiration from the crista illiaca, lymph node bipsy, tumor biopsy, cytomorphological analysis of bone marrow samples, cytomorphological analysis of peripheral blood samples, cytogenetic analyzes of bone and peripheral blood, molecular analyzes using the PCR method, flow cytometry of peripheral blood and bone marrow, lumbar puncture for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes, CV catheter placement, the abdomen and neck ultrasound
monitoring of patients in hematology and oncology outpatient clinic
psychosocial care and support for patients and their families and education
oncologic consilium for pediatric diseases
Department for nephrology
Chief of the department: Primarius Dr. Nedima Atić, Msc., subspecialist in pediatric nephrology
Nurse in charge: Memić Ramiza, graduated nurse
The department offers health care services of diagnostics and treatment of patients with acute and chronic kidney diseases and urinary tract. Following procedures we provide in cooperation with the Clinic for Internal Medicine: kidney biopsy, peritoneal dialysis and hemodialysis, and preoperative management and monitoring of patients after kidney transplantation.
Department for endocrinology, metabolic diseases and genetics
Chief of department: Prof. Dr. Alma Toromanović, M.D., subspecialist in pediatric endocrinology and diabetology
Nurse in charge: Aida Čačković, graduated nurse
The department offers clinical examinations, treatment and monitoring of patients up to the age of 15 with all types of endocrine diseases, disorders of the somatic growth and development, congenital carbohydrate metabolism disorders, amino acids, organic acids, urea cycle, fatty acid oxidation disorders; clinical detection of chromosomal aberrations and genetic syndromes; neonatal screening for phenylketonuria, congenital hypothyroidism and congenital adrenal hyperplasia; management of acute poisoning in children.
Department for pediatric surgery
Chief of the department: Ass. Prof Amir Halilbašić, M.D., specialist in pediatric surgery
Nurse in charge: Tatjana Praljak, MSc., graduated nurse
The department of pediatric surgery offers the full range of classic and innovative pediatric and neonatal surgical interventions (congenital anomalies of gastrointestinal tract, anterior abdominal wall, anorectal malformations, sacrococcygeal tumors), pediatric urology (congenital or acquired diseases of the kidneys, urinary tract and genitals, endoscopic treatment of vesico- uretral reflux), surgery of chest tumors, retroperitoneal and intra- abdominal tumors, surgery of burns and injuries of the chest and abdomen, and other acute surgical conditions in pediatric surgery. Our pediatric program and surgeons, who trained pediatric surgery worldwide provide expert neonatal surgery and surgery of congenital chest wall deformities. We use propranolol in the treatment of infantile hemangiomas.
Books and publications written by employees of the clinic:
- Tahirović H., Šećerna bolest dječije i adolescentne dobi. Tuzla: Univerzitet u Tuzli; 2004.
- Tahirović H., Klinička toksikologija u pedijatriji. Tuzla: Univerzitet u Tuzli; 2002.
- Skokić F., Postala sam majka. Tuzla: Printcom; 2003.
- Skokić F., Priručnik iz neonatologije i perinatologije. Tuzla: Printcom; 2005.¸
- Skokić F. i saradnici, Zadravstvena njega u pedijatriji. Banja Luka, 2010. Udžbenik za studente Visoke zdravstvene škole na Apeiron Banja Luka.
- Mladina N., Vaše dijete u prvoj godini zivota, HUG „Zemlja djece“, Tuzla 2004.
- Mladina N., i saradnici, Zaštita razvojnog doba, Bosanska riječ, Tuzla, 2004.
- Čolić-Hadžić B., Juvenilni ankilozantni spondilitis. U: Ankilozantni spondilitis. Kapidžić-Bašić N i suradnici, “OFF-SET” Štamparija, Tuzla, 2009; (163-179).
- Ćosićkić A., Bolesti respiratornog sistema i tuberkuloza. U: Zdravstvena njega u pedijatriji. Skokić F i saradnici, Medicinske bazične nauke Banja Luka, 2010; (118-145).
- Hasanhodžić M., Down sindrom. Sarajevo: Udruženje „Život s Down syndromom“; 2009.
- Begić H., Digoxin. U: Klinička toksikologija u pedijatriji, Husref F. Tahirović i saradnici. Univerzitet u Tuzli, Medicinski fakultet. 2002;91-97.
- Begić H., Mladina N., Dijete sa hroničnim oboljenjem srca. U: Zaštita razvojnog doba, Mladina N. i suradnici, Tuzla: Bosanska riječ; 2004;469-476.
- Begić H., Prekordijalni bol u djece i adolescenata. U: Stabilna angina pectoris, Kulic M. i saradnici., Institut za naučnoistraživački rad i razvoj KCUS, Sarajevo 2009; 263-273.
- Osmančević L. i saradnici, Celijakija bolest djece i odraslih, Tuzla 2009. – edukativna skripta
- Kalesić – Mustafić N., Mladina N., Konvulzije u dječijoj dobi i epilepsija U: Zaštita razvojnog doba. Mladina N. i suradnici, Tuzla: Bosanska riječ; 2004. str. 389-399.
- Softić I.,Tahirović H., Atić N., Otrovanja u novorođenčadi U: Klinička toksikologija u pedijatriji. Ed: Tahirović H. i sar. Univerzitet u Tuzli, Medicinski fakultet 2002:395-417.
- Softić I.,Upute za njegu novorođenčeta kod kuće, UKC Tuzla, 2000.
- Halilbašić A., Zdravstvena njega u pedijatriji, Autor Fahrija Skokić i saradnici, Banja Luka, 2010.
- Šiljegović R., Menadžment u sestrinstvu U: Infektologija i zdravstvena njega infektivnih bolesnika, Sead Ahmetagić i saradnici, Tuzla, 2010. str. 335-343.
- Hadžić Devleta, Hitna stanja u pedijatriji. Tojšići: C.P.A.,2016. – univerzitetski udžbenik